Select one or more Mercator4 'User jobs' and/or 'Reference species annotations' below to view the bin count results on the tree viewer.
- Mercator4 is an online sequence functional classification and annotation tool.
- Users can submit either nucleotide or protein gene sequences which are processed by the Mercator tool.
- Mercator4 uses a combination of sensitive techniques to assign protein sequences to the corresponding categories. These techniques are optimally calibrated for each BIN and no longer require the user to provide running parameters.
- As new classification BINs are added, the Mercator4 version number will be incremented.
Mercator4 mapping files must only be used with MapMan pathways starting with X4
- These pathway files need to be downloaded
- If old pathways files are use with new Mercator output files, they will not give an error.
- For the current version of mercator (Mecator4 R2.0), the pathway files will have the format 'X4.2 PATHWAY_NAME R2.0'
If you find Mercator4 useful please cite the following:
Schwacke R, Ponce-Soto GY, Krause K, Bolger AM, Arsova B, Hallab A, Gruden K, Stitt M, Bolger ME, Usadel B
MapMan4: a refined protein classification and annotation framework applicable to multi-omics data analysis.
Mol Plant. 2019 Jun 3;12(6): 879-892 | Full-text: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molp.2019.01.003