Message Boards Message Boards

Back

Unassigned annotation

Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Unassigned annotation
Answer
9/5/19 12:58 AM
Hi,

For some reason my transcripts are not assigned to BINS. I end up getting 100% unassigned transcripts. I have tried to upload several times with several types of sizes of fasta file but it all comes back the same. However, when I use Mercator4, I do get my transcripts assigned to BINS. Please help me. Thanks

RE: Unassigned annotation
Answer
9/5/19 7:56 AM as a reply to Ili Jamil.
Ili Jamil:
Hi,

For some reason my transcripts are not assigned to BINS. I end up getting 100% unassigned transcripts. I have tried to upload several times with several types of sizes of fasta file but it all comes back the same. However, when I use Mercator4, I do get my transcripts assigned to BINS. Please help me. Thanks

Hi Jamil, 

I am not complete clear from your mesage where you are having the issue. 

When you say that you have 'uploaded several time', are you referring to the original Mercator (also know as Mercator v.3.6)?

Can you let me know the Mercator job id of your submittions (this should be a long word with numbers and letters starting with Mercator) 

Regards,
Marie. 

Answer
9/5/19 12:32 PM as a reply to Marie Bolger.
Dear Marie,

Yes, I was unable to get annotation using original mercator v3.6. Here is one of the job ID : Mercator3068170f0353d87551d90a247eb4f054

Answer
9/5/19 1:20 PM as a reply to Ili Jamil.
Dear Jamil,

I can see that your job was submitted on the 3/09/2019 at 04:19 local time. 
It finished at 05:57 (somewhat longer than typical, but they cluster may have been busy at the time). 

However, I also noticed that the fasta file you submited contained DNA sequences, but the 'is DNA' was not selected.
This therefore means that your sequences will be treated as protein sequences and thus explains the low bin assignment rate.  

Perhaps you can try again (with the 'is DNA' check box selected), and if you still have problems, let me know.

Regards,
Marie. 

Answer
9/6/19 8:41 AM as a reply to Marie Bolger.
Dear Marie,
Thank you for your response. I will try your suggestions and update you the outcome.

Answer
9/9/19 12:46 AM as a reply to Marie Bolger.
Dear Marie,

I manage to get a hold of my recent annotation using the settings you suggeted. However, I still got 82% of my transcripts as unassigned BIN. 

Answer
9/12/19 12:13 PM as a reply to Ili Jamil.
Ili Jamil:
Dear Marie,

I manage to get a hold of my recent annotation using the settings you suggeted. However, I still got 82% of my transcripts as unassigned BIN. 

Dear Jamil,
Can you send me again the job id and I can take a look to see what the issue might be. 

Regards,
Marie.